Winter School on Advances in Mathematics of Signal Processing
Dates: January 11-15, 2016
Venue: HIM lecture hall, Poppelsdorfer Allee 45, Bonn
Organizers: Massimo Fornasier, Mauro Maggioni, Holger Rauhut, Thomas Strohmer
This school provided an introduction to some of the main topics of the trimester program on mathematics of signal processing. The lectures mainly aimed at graduate students and junior researchers.
The following speakers gave lecture series, which were complemented by problem sessions and a poster session by the participants.
- Francis Bach: Large-scale Machine Learning and Convex Optimization
- Simon Foucart: Essentials of Compressive Sensing
- Karlheinz Gröchenig: Gabor Analysis and its Mysteries
- Jean-Luc Starck: Sparse Representations and their Application in Astrophysics
- Stephen Wright: Fundamentals of Optimization in Signal Processing